Sunday 19 February 2017

I'm a bit Retro - Doing Green Days on Slimming World.

Extra Easy is not for me. I get that it is easier in that the whole family can eat together but as a single person, I find that the Green day system is more appropriate.

For a start, I can't really afford loads of different fruits (and veg) that you have to have on your plate at each meal. I also would find it very hard to munch my way through a big salad at lunchtime as sometimes I only have 20 minutes to eat and I end up with indigestion!

Also I think it must be quite restrictive. Only one A choice and one B choice per day. 

On Green, you can have two of each. I tend to use both A choices for milk, or if I have had only five cups of tea that day, I can use the other A for some cheese. I generally have a B choice (bread) with my breakfast, which is mostly eggs and the other B I save for the evening so I can make my oat waffles, which I will share when I make them later.

I aim to eat at least three pieces of fruit per day. I tend to have 2 oranges and maybe a kiwi. When the price is right I buy some raspberries but you don't get a lot for your money this time of year.

I also keep frozen raspberries in the freezer but often forget to take them out.

Sticking to mainly green days is working for me at present. I may have up to 10 syns per day but I allow 15 syns for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I do have the odd red day, but as meat is expensive it may only be one or two days a week.

I no longer expect the weight to fall off quickly (it never has!), so I am ambling along, taking the slow and sometimes tortoise route but 8 lbs off so far.

So this has to some under "stuff" as it isn't junk.

No comments:

Post a Comment