Sunday 26 February 2017

Slimming World over the weekend.

I said on a previous post that I let myself have 15 syns on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This seems to help me from losing it and cheating.

Below is one of my current obsessions. 



It is a version of Slimming World Chips but I cut them across instead. These are made with Albert Bartlett Rooster potatoes which are the best in my opinion but they cost more (of course). I have them with 2 x Quorn Cumberland sausages and 1Tbsp of original Hellmans Mayonnaise. The potatoes get done in Frylight so they are free. The meal comes to around 7.5 syns and I love it, especially on a Friday evening when it seems the entire world is getting take away!

Now on to my (maybe) invention of Syn Free lollies. I got these gizmos from Ebay  They came from China and they did take a few weeks to arrive but they are actually brilliant for making push up lollies.



You just take the little lid off and pour or spoon your mixture in.

So I mixed Quark with FF Fromage Frais and sweetened it with a little Candarel. First time I made them, I mixed in some lemon juice and then stirred frozen (but defrosted) raspberries through the mixture. They were really lovely and refreshing. You can also add vanilla essence.

This time though, I had some leftover sugar free raspberry syrup so mixed that in. I did it in a food processor but next time will probably do with a hand whisk as I hate washing up the plastic bowl etc.

This is the jug of the mixture.


I made quite a lot and only had enough for four of the lolly things as my freezer is full, but the rest I put in containers and it made an acceptable dessert, with some of my beloved Total 2%.

Last but not least I made a Yorkshire pudding which I love. 10 syns in total, and I have half one day and half the next. I make two roast dinners on a Sunday and have the second on Monday.




So that is

56 grams plain flour
1 egg
80 mls milk and water combined
I add half a teaspoon of Sage
pinch of onion granules.

As you can see it makes a really nice Yorkie which is 10 syns in total.

No comments:

Post a Comment