Sunday 19 February 2017

Slimming World Waffles - My take on it.

First of all here is the recipe.

40 grams of porridge oats
1 egg
2 heaped Tablespoons of Muller Light Toffee yogurt
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
2 teaspoons of sweetener




First off I blend the oats and sweetener in this wee gizmo. It has a flat blade for blending spices, coffee etc and that is the blade I use for this.

Then I add the rest of the ingredients, the egg, yogurt and vanilla essence and blend up with the cross blade.

This amount makes enough for two. It then gets poured into the second gizmo, The Waffle Maker.




I don't know how other Waffle Makers work but this one goes red then you pour the mixture in and it goes green then after a while back to red. I check the waffles throughout and keep them in if they don't look as brown as I like them.

Then, this is how they come out!



I think they are really nice. They are a B choice (the Oats) and I use 4 syns for 2 Tablespoons of cream and 1 Tablespoon of Maple Syrup.

When I first started making them, I was having them in the morning but I would much rather have them in the evening as they feel a bit of an indulgence.

Obviously you can have them with fruit and yogurt to keep it all syn free if you like. I am slightly addicted to them this way though.

Sometimes the waffles do stick, so about every third go, I will spray a little oil (not Frylight as I think that ruins things) and count half a syn for 6 sprays that I spread with a little brush.

Seems like a lot of syns to some but much more filling than some wee chocolate bar.

PS. I have had a major failure today in that I ate 4 x bags of Pomme Bears one after the other! Oh dear. Hope to do better tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment