Sunday 19 February 2017

Slimming World - Getting ready for the week ahead.

Yesterday I made a Slimming World Chicken Bhuna. Only I didn't have any chicken! I did have some Quorn chicken pieces however so made it with that.

The recipe came from Youtube @ Tastefully Vikkie. I can't seem to do a link so if you want to look it up just put in Chicken Bhuna Slimming World.

Anyway it looks like this :-




It was really nice and for an extra 2 syns I had 2 tablespoons of Elmlea Cream, which makes it a lot nicer.

For afters I had these :-



Obviously it is a Muller Light toffee flavour (which is my favourite) but I have it with Total 2% yogurt which is a whole lot nicer that the 0% and has only 1.5 syns for the entire 500 gram tub. I rarely even count it as I use a dollop at a time. It makes the yogurt a lot more filling. Also the tubs come in handy for storage. See below. **

On a Sunday, I try to get some food prepared for at least part of the week.




This is a bit of a Hotchpotch soup using up some bits and bobs plus broccoli.
It had a potato, some frozen butternut squash, broccoli,a carrot and some left over salad leaves plus a stock cube, some cumin and a shake of chilli flakes. I leave the seasoning until I eat it.

As you can see the Total yogurt tubs make good containers for it.  I also use them for heating stuff up in the microwave.

So I have to hand 2 Quorn Bhuna and Rice and 3 pots of soup. This means that if I am ravenous, I can have any of them syn free, or my beloved Elmlea which is 1 syn per Tablespoon. I usually take them to work with me to heat up in the microwave. It is nice to have something hot in this weather and they are reasonably quick to get down when I only get half an hour to eat.

** So far, I have only found the 2% Total in my local Waitrose which is a pain as I have to make a special visit for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment